Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Remember when I used to blog



"The day will come that you will be free to spend whole days any way you want-- you can travel, go to school, or go in your room and shut the door.

But today, you are a mother. "


Once upon a time I used to post on this blog every day. Remember? I do. I think.


I haven't blogged in more than a week. It is not that we haven't been busy. I think we have been too busy to stop and blog.

James has been in town. And then out of town. Then home. Then gone again. And leaving again tomorrow. I don't mind at all when James heads out of town. I know he needs time to himself. Time to unwind. And, I know given the chance, I would never leave Lane for more than a day. (Who am I kidding. I hate leaving him for more than four or five hours.)

Still, it would be nice to get away, right?

Lane and I have been to the pumpkin patch. Thrown a pumpkin party with the besties. Gone to a birthday party. Been to Red Top with Papa. Cheered on The Falcons with Pops and Papa. I literally need to run out the door to meet the rest of the gang at the zoo this afternoon.

To top it off - with just 10 weeks left of this pregnancy - I finally feel super pregnant. The 11 pounds I've gained are starting to make me feel heavy and look big. The hormones are getting to me. (I cried yesterday while Lane was at school because I missed him and just love him so much.) My hips ache. I'm exhausted at night. The hot flashes of Lane's pregnancy have returned.

Too much complaining? I know. I feel the same way. Last night, I went to bed feeling a little overwhelmed. Then, in the middle of the night, I woke up to the baby kicking and found my way downstairs. Somehow, I came across the quote above.

"The day will come that you will be free to spend whole days any way you want-- you can travel, go to school, or go in your room and shut the door.

But today, you are a mother. "

And so it is. I was reminded of my very important role in life. And just how blessed I am. For years I longed for the life I have now.

So I'm off. To be a mother. To spend another wonderful day with my babes.


And when I get home, I'll blog about it.


1 comment:

  1. Omg Lana, I think your hormones are rubbing off on me cause that made me cry!

    ReplyDelete