Thursday, October 14, 2010

A love like no other

A few weeks ago, Papa experienced the feeling of love unlike any he has ever experienced. I imagine he must have felt something similar to the way I did the moment I birthed Lane and his little body was placed against mine.

He'd been told his life would change the moment he met his son. And, it did.

He'd been warned that he would fall in love instantly. And, he did.

But, life got even better on that day - when for the first time, Lane climbed on top of his papa, snuggled in close, and the two watched Sunday football together.

Eventually, Lane fell asleep on his papa's chest.

Now, papa waits for it each Sunday. Lane's nap time. Signs his son is getting sleepy and ready to slow down.

And then the two cuddle on the couch. Watch the game. And take a nap.

I wait for it too - just so I can see my two loves in love with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment