Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Labor of love.



I've endured a lot for these boys of mine. One - the maximum amount of pitocin a woman is allowed to have followed by a full hour of pushing. The other - a totally natural delivery void of any drugs with practically no assistance.

And that was just the beginning. I've stayed up all night. I've watched my hair fall out in chunks as I washed it. I've cleaned up every bodily function known to man. I gave up a career I enjoyed, and a red convertible that I loved. Going to the bathroom alone? Who needs it. I can't remember the last time I was able to have a complete conversation on the telephone.

These, like many other mamas will tell you, are just small sacrifices so worth the rewards we receive each and every day.

But come on boys. My brand new, just out of the box running shoes and my iced green tea from Starbucks, one of the very few treats I allow myself?

Can't a mama have anything for herself?

No comments:

Post a Comment