Friday, February 17, 2012

My funny Valentine.

Ever since last fall, Lane's caught on to the idea of celebrations and holidays - kind of. Every few weeks, he'll ask me, "Mama, is it Halloween?" Then, I'll have to tell him, "No, Lane this month is February. We will celebrate Valentine's Day."

Once I explain that month's celebration - be it a birthday, Valentine's, New Year's, etc., - and he catches on, he will get real excited any time he sees something pertaining to that holiday.

So, since I love Valentine's, and my husband doesn't so much, I decided to get my little guy real amped up about it. We decorated with hearts all over the house, ate off red heart plates, snacked on conversation hearts and did all kind of Valentine crafts.

Loved it.

We always host our Sweetheart Dance, but decided to wait until Winter Break this year because we have all gotten so busy with school, classes, etc. Next week, the besties are coming over for a post Valentine's Day Sweetheart Dance.

Lane didn't have a party at school but he did get to swap Valentine's with all of his classmates.

Of course, he picked out monster truck cards.



He's getting really good at tracing his name. One night, after he went to bed, I wrote out his name in a light colored marker on each card. The next day, he "wrote" his name on each of his Valentines.


He took the job very seriously. Then, I asked him which card he would like for each of his friends in his class. He looked at each card and carefully picked out one for each student. He even changed his mind a few times.

After the final decisions were made, I wrote out each students' name and then we placed them in a little Valentine bag filled with treats.



On Tuesday morning, I filled a bag with all of Lane's goodies and sent him off to school. We even had a treat for Ms. Jennie, his teacher.

Such a sweet little Valentine my Lane Thomas is.

No comments:

Post a Comment