Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Green monster.

While we are talking about the things we eat around here.

(But aren't I always talking about the things we eat around here. Maybe we spend way too much time eating. Maybe that's just part of having boys.)

I've been hesitant to jump on the green smoothie bandwagon. Last week, I decided to hop on. I don't like filling up on a big breakfast before working out but need something filling and good for me before I go and burn more calories at Zumba than I consume for breakfast.

I've stood by my gluten free oats for quite a while. Yet, oatmeal started to get boring. I came across a recipe for a green smoothie that sounded pretty decent so I gave in and decided to taste what all the buzz was about.

They are delicious. I'm not kidding. Forget the two cups of spinach. There's so much taste in these smoothies - including yogurt, peanut butter, almond and banana. For less than 300 calories, I'm getting a ton of vitamins and enough energy to get me through my workout.

Don't believe me about tasting good. Just pop a straw in the cup, tell Lane it is called a green monster and the kid drank it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment