Friday, June 25, 2010

We hope you will stay with us

I'm not going to beat around the bush.

Papa and I have decided to make Our Life with Lane private. I can't tell you that there is one particular reason why. However, we just feel like it is the right thing to do at this point.

I considered giving it up. Not blogging any more. I took the week off. I felt sad.

Papa told me not to quit. Then, he requested this afternoon that I make it private.

See, we don't want to stop sharing our life with so many of you. It means a lot to us that you like our little babe. And, we've got a lot going on. A lot of wonderful things going on. I planned to share some of the news with you today. I think I'll wait until next week.

Here's the plan. I'll leave this post up for the next few days - giving all of you time to read it. If you decide you would still like to follow along, send me an email. Once the blog goes private, all I have to do is give my account permission for you to view Our Life with Lane by plugging in your email addresses.

I know I might lose some followers. But, really, don't be shy.

As I stated before, I started this blog as a way for my mom to see Lane every day. Given that alone, Papa and I don't want it to end. And, speaking of Papa, he's my biggest fan. He is usually the first one to look for a new post. I love when I get a call from him telling me he liked what I wrote that day or how cute our Hoo Bird looked in the pictures I posted.

And, there's all my friends who log in to see what we are up to every few days. I wish we could see Lanna more but I know she's reading. Stephanie takes a look a few times a week. Paola gets on to me when I go too long without posting. Kelly and Val come here on their study breaks. Just a few more weeks girls. You can do it!

Wait, there's more. All my old work acquaintances. I miss you girls. But, I still feel a bit of a connection knowing your still around. Please say you'll stay.

If you are coming here from my sister-in-law Elizabeth's blog, feel free to keep looking. If you've got your own blog and it is listed on the side of her blog as one she follows then I've probably peeked at your family too. Your an amazing group of online, blogging friends, and I've been so impressed by how you have all come together to help a friend who is hurting.

Then there is all my other family members and my mom's friends. I would love for you to keep reading.

There's more. There's the members of my friends' families who check out Our Life with Lane. Whenever Mama Luz visits Colombia, she always logs on. It is a way for her to stay connected with her grandchildren. Paola's sister, who lives in Canada, visits too. It would be a shame for them to stop reading.

Then, there's those of you who I don't know. However, I know you read. There must be some reason you read. Maybe a family member sent you here. Maybe a friend. Hopefully, you read because you think our babe is cute. Maybe your just nosy.

Who knows? I can tell you this. I read a lot of blogs written by people I don't know for inspiration, for decorating ideas, for parenting tips and just because I find the authors interesting. I don't know them but I like what they put out online.

We've got a lot to say - Papa, Lane and I. Summer is in full swing around here. I have a feeling the fall is going to be pretty exciting. And, to give you a little hint of what we've got coming up, we are going to be starting off 2011 with a real big bang.

I haven't said it before but I appreciate those of you who enjoy this blog. I like getting emails from friends remarking on a day's post. I enjoy your comments. It makes me smile when someone tells me someone they know took a look and wants to know such and such.

And your support for our family has been tremendous. The phone calls, emails, messages sent through others and handwritten letters that came to us in December after I mentioned our miscarriage really helped us out. Really showed how much you care. Thank you for your kind words.

So, just shoot me an email. I'll add you to the list. The babe will keep making all of us smile. I'll keep blogging. You'll keep reading.

We will all keep enjoying our life with Lane.

Sincerely,

Lana
lanadrucker@hotmail.com

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I have MANY friends with blogs that have made them private. Hugs to Lane.

    ReplyDelete