Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kaylee came over

I named this week "Back to Normal Week."

Reason #1 - I'm taking my house back. (Actually, as of yesterday, all work is complete. So, I now have my house back. Ahhh. Do you hear my sigh of relief.)

Reason #2 - We are going to do things that we normally do, such as, go on playdates; exercise; take regularly scheduled naps; eat fresh, home prepared meals at our dinner table as a family; play outside in the evening and go to bed at a decent hour.

With the final touches being put on the trim on the inside of the house yesterday, Lane and I needed to find a place to be other than here. We'd decided on the pool when Kaylee's mama, Jessica, called and asked if she could bring her little blond cutie over for a few hours.

I didn't mind one bit as long as Kaylee could bring her suit and Jessica didn't mind if we spent the entire day outside playing.

Not a problem.



I slathered these kids in sunscreen. Packed up some treats. Pulled out the Cozy Coupe, 4 Wheeler, Wacky Weasel and the pool and let them run wild.

I watched from the sideline. Perched on my towels in the shade, I let Lane splash Kaylee and let Kaylee kiss Lane.

And all went well - until Lane got sleepy and was sent inside for a nap.


At which point gave me time all alone with a pretty little blond girl. And, I don't know who enjoyed her company more - me or the short hair.

I'll say it over and over - I love that boy of mine. All 25 heavy-as-a-rock pounds of him. But, every once in a while it is sure nice to have a dainty little girl to talk with and spoil.





While Lane slept, we blew bubbles, ate lunch, talked in hushed tones, and giggled on our beach blankets while soaking up the sun.

Peaceful bliss.

And then our boy woke up and brought back the action: foot stomping, water splashing, 4 Wheeler riding fun.







I know these pictures might be some of the sweetest faces you've ever seen. The babes did great. Played well together. Shared toys. Chased each other. Kissed.

And then, someone else got sleepy. Can you see where this is going?

And here it is. Claws to the face.


Don't feel bad for our Hoo Bird.

I do have to brag. The boy does great sharing his toys. He really could care less about someone else using his Coupe or riding his 4 Wheeler. He's not stingy when it comes to playing.

Eating - now that's a different story.

He's not going to share his food. Too bad. My mama bought those peaches for me. I'm going to eat this one right in front of you.



And then I'm going to eat this one - your peach - right in front of you too. Go ahead, try to grab a cracker out of the box. I'm going to eat all of those too.

Oh, and his short hair. Don't even think about trying to love on her. That's his best friend. He'll share his home. He'll let you play in his pool. His mama can hold you.

Your not going to get by with petting his pup.

Oh, Kaylee did sneak one hug in. It made her happy.

And in the end, it made Hoo Bird happy too.

After Kaylee left, we talked about how much we loved our stay date (a play date where we stay at home).

"Are you happy Kaylee came over," I asked.

"Ah huh," he replied.

"Did you have fun playing with her," came my next question.

"Ah huh," he answered.

"Want her to come back again," I said while at the same time thinking I might just be pushing it.

"Ah huh," he surprised me with.

"Do you think you might want a little sister one day," I asked.

"Nnnnooo!"

Okay. He's not a total gentleman. We're still working on that.

Does this make up for it?

Look at him. Who doesn't love this kid?

Seriously.



No comments:

Post a Comment