Friday, March 5, 2010

Lane Rocks

Look what we found on the fridge this morning: a message left by yesterday's guest, Valerie. Val's in town from Pennsylvania, visiting with her husband, with hopes to move here this spring after graduating from law school.

We think that rocks!

You know what else I think rocks? Lane's love for the outdoors. How a smile just instantly grows across his face and lifts up his chubby cheeks as soon as his feet hit the ground. I think he would stay outside all day long, if I would let him. And that is just what I plan to do as soon as warmer weather reaches our way.

You know what else rocks? How Lane owns it. It can be whatever he is doing at the moment - like eating chili in his pjs and getting more food on his face than in his mouth.



This face rocks too. No matter how much he seems to change each month, he still is the perfect combination of his parents. Even Val noticed it - his papa's looks on his mama's round head.

This smile rocks too.

If you could have been here when I took this photo, you would have smelled chocolate cookies and heard Lane telling me, "Hot, hot, hot," as he placed his hand on the oven. Because now that he knows what hot means, he has to let me and papa know when things are "hot, hot, hot."

We think that rocks.

Or what about his love of books, like his mama. Only unlike his mama, he doesn't read books. He methodically takes out one book at a time and then places one on top of another. Because his brain works just like his papa's. Only he's got a little bit of me in him.

And Papa and I are just in awe of him. Of his every day actions and how he unknowingly acts like his papa when he arranges books one at a time in a perfect pile. Even though his looks and most of his actions prove he is his papa's boy, every once in a while, a little bit of me peeps out.

Being a parent rocks. Being able to stay home each day to hear him count to three, or stack books, or dance to Justin Timberlake, or figure out how to place a ball through the holes in his stacking rings rocks.





Most of all, this boy rocks. Everything about him rocks my world.


I'm so glad everyone else who meets him feels the same way.

We love ya, Val. Can't wait to have you here.

Love,
Your Southern Sister

2 comments:

  1. I love you Lana! I can't wait to play with you and Lane more once we are in GA! You guys ROCK! :) Thanks for this post. It made my ENTIRE day! Love you lots!
    Hugs & Kisses
    Your soon to be "southern" sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! That's my sister! Lane is so damn cute! Wonder where ever he could have gotten that from :) Miss you Lana! xo Kristina

    ReplyDelete