Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It will only hurt

for a second. Or at least that is what I will be telling myself for the next 17 years. That's a bloody nose - and all the way down to his muddy toes - my babe is all boy.

The bloody nose occurred after yesterday's play date as Lane and Andrea threw a ball around the driveway. Both mamas heard him go down. We raced to his side in a split second.

He cried for a minute or so. My heart hurt all night.

Papa told me as we rest in bed after the babe went down, "Get used to it. There will be dozens more bloody noses."

And so I've decided if I'm to make it through this whole mama loves her baby boy way too much life of mine, this will have to be my mama mantra:

"It will only hurt for a second."

Because this is what a babe looks like after a long, hard day playing - hair and clothes soaked from his sprinkler adventure, shoes covered in mud from the backyard pit, and some oh-so-sleepy eyes.

I've got to let him do it. Remember, it only hurts for a second.

Go ahead. Walk right in to the mud in your cute camos. Let your shoes get filthy. Both can be washed.

Stick your hands in the water. Splash your face. I'll be there with a towel to dry you off and warm you.

I can enjoy dainty little girl curls, white shirts and shoes, butterfly hair clips, and sparkly jeans when your bestie come by to play with you at the park.





You two sure are cute together but I'll take my boy any day of the week.

My loves to wear this hat on his head while walking around the house banging in to corners and cabinet doors boy.



Oh you make me laugh my little man. You make me want to snatch you up and snuggle you close and beg you to just stop growing because your changing so much and it is all happening so fast.

Too fast.

Reminding myself - it will only hurt for a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment