Thursday, December 15, 2011

Oh no she didn't.

Let me tell you about some funny things I did on Tuesday. Tuesday mornings, Lane goes to school. That means Mama & Evan time. We usually hang around the house, play, cuddle and do some cleaning.

With a dishwasher full of clean dishes, a sink full of dirty dishes and a content baby in his room, I went to the kitchen to do a little work.

Now, I've got three years of mama experience under my belt. I know better. A quiet house - unless, of course, your babes are napping - usually indicates something naughty is taking place.

I made my way through the bottom shelf of the dishwasher and almost all the way through the top shelf when it hit me.

I didn't hear a peep coming from Evan's room.

What do you think I found when I went down the hall to check on him.



This is his favorite thing to do - take out all of his clothes and throw them on the floor.

It makes him very happy.

It makes me have to clean up a mess that was not a necessary mess.


I couldn't get mad at him. I've got no one to blame but myself.

Oh, but it gets even better.

Later that day, I set out to make a chicken pot pie.

I had the chicken part ready when I realized I didn't have any eggs to fulfill the pie part of our dinner.

James was home so I left the kids and rushed up the street to Publix to pick up some eggs.




I wore these shoes, which are not really shoes at all. They are slippers. However, I think they are cute enough to wear as shoes if need be.


Oh, is that a skirt I'm wearing over my jeans.


Why no. That would be my apron. Ran out of the house. Drove to Publix. Walked around the entire store getting eggs, something for dessert and milk for Evan - and did not even realize it until I got to the register. That's when the check-out girl commented on my outfit.




Thankfully she didn't say anything about my lack of make-up or my messy hair.

And that my friends is what happens after three beautiful years of being a mama.

You go out in public looking like this - and do it with a big old smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment