Thursday, December 8, 2011

Cold, lazy days.

As much as I like to go, go, go in the spring, summer and fall, as soon as winter arrives I become a house hermit. Really, I don't want to do anything except stay at home in my warm house and snuggle with my loves.

I guess it is kind of my way of hibernating. For the last week or two, the boys and I have not done much at all except go to the gym in the mornings, head to the store to buy the necessaries and run a few errands.

I'd made plans for a mama night out with one of my besties last night, but the weather was cold and rainy and windy - so we postponed. There was only one thing to do - a lazy day at home with lots of blankets and pillows.

After I put Evan down for his nap, I gathered a bunch of blankets and pillows and filled the living room floor. I turned on Boomerang and let Lane watch an episode of the Snorks while we cuddled together.

I was loving it. After a while, Lane wanted to head upstairs for his nap. We went up to my bed, cuddled in together and he fell asleep with his hand around my neck.

Since it was so cold - my usually naked child broke down and put on a pair of sweatpants.

After a short nap, I surprised Lane with a "cool" afternoon project - decorating gingerbread men. (Cool is his new word. Wow, that's cool, he will tell me about 50 times a day.)

First things first - taste testing.

Then he set out decorating his Lane gingerbread man.

Papa got home a few minutes in to decorating and right about the same time the Giggie baby woke up and started stalking the table.


Lane decided I could decorate the mama and papa gingerbread people. This is my version of me.

This is my version of papa. Lane added the finishing touches - two different color eyes.


Then Lane decided Evan could decorate his own gingerbread man. This made Evan so happy he threw his man down and broke off his leg.

Lane decided he would take over from there and try to fix the leg and show Evan how it was done.


Then Evan decided he would rather eat his man than decorate it so Lane did the majority of decorating. I finished off the baby gingerbread man by adding some eyes and a smile.


The finished product. Our gingerbread family.

We left the happy family of four out on the counter over night so the icing could set.

Then, this morning Lane woke up, gave some snuggles, and went right down to check on his men.

Papa got up with the boys and let me hang in bed for a few extra minutes. When I got downstairs, I went right to the couch to kiss my Giggle baby good morning.

Then, I asked Lane, "Lane, would you like ham and eggs for breakfast?"

"No," he replied. "I eating gingerbread cookies."



And this is what our family looked like at 7:45 this morning after Lane finished with them.

I let them hang out today but have a feeling they will find their way to the trash tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment