Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Fun: Berry Picking.

I might have picked more than I could chew for this summer fun activity. Picking blueberries sounded like a great idea for everyone. I could get some fresh, local fruit to cook banana blueberry bread, and Lane could have some fun picking blueberries. Just like Mr. Renken's farm, he told me. (That's from Curious George for all of you who don't have kids who love George as much as my child does.)

When both boys got up early one Friday morning, I decided we would head out before the crowds filled the patch and the temperature got too high. We started off strong. Evan playing on a blanket. Lane picking blueberries and putting them in his bucket. ,Kerplunk. Kerplink. Kerplank. Just like Sal, Lane told me. (That's from Blueberries for Sal for those of you who don't have kids who love that book as much as my child does.)

However, Evan got tired. Lane got bored. Mama got frustrated. Quickly.

Before we even had enough berries to make a dent in our bucket, we loaded up and headed home.

What few berries we bring home, Papa gobbled up quickly. Letting me know they were absolutely delicious. I felt validated. I worked hard for those precious berries.

I've marked that activity off my list and will be thinking twice before adding it again next year.







No comments:

Post a Comment