Thursday, July 7, 2011

Checking a few off over the fourth.

The holiday weekend presented a great opportunity to knock a few summer fun items off our list.

In descending order from the weekend:

Of course, I expected we would see some fireworks on the fourth. However, I might have aimed a little too high - or should I say late - when I added that one to the list.

Our littlest babe likes to go to bed early - hours before it gets dark enough to see any fireworks. I hoped we could still make it out but turns out after a weekend full of fun, our big boy wasn't up for any firework displays either.

The best we could do for fireworks were some store bought crackers that Michael had around the house.

Lane enjoyed letting off a red smoke bomb. Lane and Damian did not enjoy the obnoxious loud explosive Michael let off in his back yard. (Madelyn did however.)

I'm not checking that one off our list just yet. I still have hopes we might get to see some fireworks at some point this summer.

Lucky for us, James' parents have a lake house on Lake Weiss in Alabama. That makes checking lake off our list very easy. We spent the first half of the weekend with James' family at the lake. Although, Evan and I never really made it down to the dock to the actual lake. Lane, however, found his way in one evening while his mama was in the house.

Half of our toes might not have touched the water, and none of us made it on the boat for a ride, yet we did have a great time hanging out with family and enjoying the lake house.

We will check that one of our list - and know that we still have at least a few more trips to the lake this summer.



As a kid, I always loved being able to swim in hotel pools after a long day on the road with my dad. Something about dusk and the lights turning on at the pool made swimming even more fun.

So, when I added night swimming to our list, I had a swimming pool in mind.

Friday evening, with Evan already in bed and Lane way worked up with thoughts of the lake house in his head, we let our boy take a little skinny dip in the kiddie pool set up in our front yard.

Here you have the only blog posting appropriate photo of our boy night swimming.

Coolest parents ever in Lane's book.

And, our adventures continue.........

No comments:

Post a Comment