Monday, March 21, 2011

The Zoo.

Some of the best money I've spent so far in regards to Lane: a zoo pass. I got one last year on a deal 70 bucks for 14 months - and we have more than gotten our money's worth.

We like to go to the zoo with our besties. Pack a lunch. Throw some drinks in a bag. Fill up the stroller with snacks and spend a few hours hanging out with our favorite friends.





Since the zoo allows guests to bring in their own food, we spend very little - and sometimes nothing at all - when we go.

When Baby Gooey was growing in my belly, I'd buy some soft serve ice cream for the three of us. Now what excuse am I going to use?



We went last week and enjoyed one of Spring's first beautiful days. Lane didn't want to hang in his stroller so I kind of told him if he got out the animals would eat him.


Then I pulled him out to get our picture in front of the gorillas. To see a picture of Baby Lane in the same spot, click here.

Anyway, my threat of being eaten explains his face.

We hit up all the same spots when we visit the zoo. Sometimes we see the parakeets. We also start at the elephants, go to the lions, visit the bird house and then move on to the giant pandas.

The mamas really wanted to see the new baby. So sweet.

The kiddos love the pandas because of the stamps. As soon as we walk toward that exhibit, they know they are going to get stamps.





There's Gooey. He napped most of the day in the stroller. No stamps for him.

Lily played hard to get when it came to stamps. She acted like she didn't want any.

Oh, these two love birds. They come to see - and smooch - each other.

There's Lily getting her stamps. As Lane and Andrea walk away.

They love each other.

And Evan doesn't know it yet but he's going to be Lily's main squeeze. As soon as we pulled in the parking lot of the zoo, Lily started calling for Evan. She loves him.






All in all, a fun day at the zoo with our best friends and my two boys.

Hey, did you click that link above? That baby really was Lane. How did he get so big? And, can you believe how much my boys look like each other.

I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment