Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful


Today, I am thankful for my life.

It is not the life I imagined for myself at 18.
Or 21.
Or 25.

I never became an editor at a glossy home and garden magazine.
I never moved to a fast paced city.

I don't dinner at fancy restaurants.
Or dress in designer clothes.

But, here I am now.
Wife to a loving husband.
Mama to the most amazing boy I've ever met.

I have learned how to enjoy the simple things:
like play dates at parks, snuggling with the one I love, and cooking in the kitchen of my cozy Cape Cod in the suburbs.

I've been blessed with the love of a trusting, respectful, hard working man.
I've been given the opportunity to mother.
Most importantly, I've learned how to put others before myself.

Oh, that's so much better than the life I imagined back then.

On this day to give thanks, I am grateful for all that I've done, all that I have and all that I've become.






1 comment:

  1. It's not what I would have pictured for you 15 or even 10 years ago but I'm glad you are happy cousin.

    ReplyDelete