Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thankful


Today, like every day, I am thankful for him.
My Lane.

The boy who made me a mama.

Most of all, I am thankful for his health.

The last few days have been rough on me as we tried to figure out what is causing a nasty cough in my babe.

I watched him endure two separate breathing treatments.
He never once cried.
Never once tugged at the mask.
He was a brave soldier.

The next day, I watched from outside the room as strangers x-rayed his little chest.
He held strong.
Didn't cry.

I wanted to.

After each doctor visit, I sat in the car and let myself.

I cried because I was so proud of him.
I cried because I was a little scared.
I cried because my heart aches for parents who have to watch their children suffer with illnesses.

I don't believe any parent should ever have to see their child in pain.

For the many reasons I am thankful to have my son in my life, today, I am most thankful for a healthy babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment