Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful


It took BOTH of us a few weeks to get used to the idea of four hours a day, twice a week, of Lane at school.

Some days were harder on me than they were on him. And, I have to admit that early on I wanted to put an end to it.

We both stuck it out. For that I am thankful.

The little guy loves going on Monday and Wednesday mornings. He gets to see his friends. Play with other kids. Sing songs. Eat crackers. And, comes home with stamps on his hands.

He's learned a lot. So have I.

I use those eight hours each week to relax, straighten up around the house, run errands and go to my doctor appointments.

It makes me feel good when he grabs his school bag and heads to the door.

I feel even better when I see his little face as he walks out the school's door, holding his teacher's hand, toward our car.

I get giddy inside.
Like I've got a school girl crush.

No comments:

Post a Comment