Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Kissing Kylie

On the preschool front, things are going really well. While on our October Beach vacation, Papa and I really began to talk up school: explaining that big boys don't cry when they go to school. We talked about playing, coloring, music class, the other kids in his class and Ms. Tracie.

Lane no longer cries when I drop him off at school and is able to stay until 1:00 without getting overly tired. On Monday and Wednesday afternoons, he fills us in on all the things he did during his big boy morning at school. Including how "he didn't cry."

I've started picking him up in the carpool line - now that I know each day is a good day. However, two weeks ago, I went inside to speak to the teacher and make sure all was well. I got a good report for the day and learned that my little flirt has a thing for the only girl in his class of four.

According to Ms. Tracie, she had to close the bathroom door because Lane and Kylie kept going inside the potty to kiss and hug.

Uh, huh.

That evening, while eating dinner, we asked Lane what he did at school that day. As usual, he told us he didn't cry, he showed us his super star stamps on his hands and talked about coloring.

"What about Kylie," I asked him.

"I kiss Kylie," he replied.


Last Wednesday, Lane's school held a Halloween parade and each class hosted a party for the parents to attend.

I showed up early to get a good spot so I could see my little football player in the parade. Then we went back to his classroom to decorate sugar cookies, eat Happy Meals and watch the kids play.

And see my little flirt in action.

During lunch, Kylie and Lane took a break so they could smooch.

After lunch, Lane admired himself in the mirror.

He is the most handsome boy in his class.


Before leaving, he did show me that he is learning more than how to love on the ladies and self confidence - showing me the letters on the consonant poster hanging above the little red couch.

I felt reassured as we drove home. Lane's enjoying himself. We're getting our money worth. And, hopefully, he's learning some things we haven't taught him at home.

Academic wise that is.

I'm pretty sure the kissing girls and conceitedness comes naturally - just two more traits he gets from his papa.

No comments:

Post a Comment