Friday, September 25, 2009

What one year will get ya

It just so happened that yesterday I found myself in Hoschton. Exactly one year before, my mom and I attended an event for the library and before going in, my mom snapped some photos of me.

At 29 weeks pregnant, the babe really began making his existence known. Around this same time, James and I started taking my photo each week. My body changed so much during those last 10 weeks of pregnancy.

(To my pregger friends who read this blog, I highly suggest you take your photo each week. I know by the end of your pregnancy, you won't want to look at yourself much less have a photo taken but I truly do cherish all those pregnancy pics now.)

A year later, we stopped at the same gazebo to take some more photos.

I can hardly believe a year has passed. I thought it might be fun to share some of those pregnancy pictures with you - each week - and provide a few updates on Lane each week.

Just as he grew tremendously from September to December last year, this year brings many changes each week as well.

Here are some highlights from the last week.

*Two teeth have broken through the top gum. Two more are on the edge.
*He waves hello and good-bye.
*He shakes his head no - surprisingly he knows what this means and only shakes no when you ask him to do something he does not want to do or give him something he does not want to eat.
*His night time routine has changed a bit. He stays up a little later and prefers some cuddle time with papa before going to sleep.
*He will no longer make the Mr. Hinkle face for us.
*He discovered the Coke and Sprite cans in the pantry. He likes to take them out and act like he is drinking from the can. He takes them out. I put them away - at least four times a day.
*Everything in the house is a walking apparatus. His little chair. The step stool. His train table. If he can hoist himself up on it and push it around while walking behind it, he will.
*He now weighs 17.5 pounds.
*He will - and does - eat any thing. His favorite food right now is green beans. I think he has had them at least four times this week. LOVES THEM.








No comments:

Post a Comment