Monday, September 28, 2009

Magic Baby Kisses

Saturday, Stephanie and I took the boys down to Macon to visit with Emily - who is just weeks away from bringing a new little babe in to the bunch.

Emily was my very first roommate. Before we even met, she sent me a note:
"Dear Lana, My name is Emily. I am going to share a dorm room with you. Do you like the beach? I like the beach."
Deal Sealed. We have been buds ever since - 14 years this month.

Soon after Lane was born, Emily came to visit. She was ready for a babe of her own. That weekend, she asked Lane for some magic baby kisses - and voila, a few weeks later, there was a bun in her oven!

(I don't have to tell all of you that Lane is magical, right? We all agree that he is.)


Drew and Lane chilled in the backseat and watched Scooby Doo on the way to Macon. Then, they took naps.

Once we got to Emily's, her twin sisiter Ellen came over with her babes - 3 girls and one boy.


For hours, we all sat around talking and watching our babes play together.


Tristan kept a close watch on Lane. He didn't like sharing the baby boy spotlight. He especially didn't like it when his mama would hold Lane.

Emily was sure to get a few more of those magic baby kisses before we left.

Stephanie and I each rubbed on the belly for some baby magic of our own.


And then the girls each took turns jumping off the swings while Dean and I tried to catch pictures of them.




Before it was time to leave, all the mamas posed with their babes for a group shot.
(I love every single person in this photo!)


Let's all wish Emily a quick last few weeks of pregnancy and a healthy (and speedy) delivery. Next time we are all together, Addison Irene will be with us.
I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment