Monday, September 21, 2009

I deserve a blue ribbon

I did it. I think I deserve a blue ribbon.

Saturday and Sunday, Jen and I had a booth at the Blue Ribbon Affair in Marietta.
We *were trying to sell* our homemade baby items: dresses, bibs, burb cloths, and onesies.

The event was a total dud - due to the flood-like rains taking place all weekend.

Not a total loss.
It was my first show.
We learned a lot about set up and our booth.
We learned how to judge a crowd. (This crowd left much to be desired.)
And, drum roll please .......

I spent an entire day without Lane. My first since the day he was born.

I know this seems silly but I am a stay-at-home mama so it is kinda rare that I leave Lane for more than a few hours during the day. I am his primary care taker.

Papa spent the day with Uncle Pork Chop at a gun show so he took Hoo out to my mom and dad's for a few hours. According to Pops and Mom mom, Lane did great. He played, listened to his music box and ate a yummy lunch. Papa picked up Hoo a few hours later and can you guess where they went - Bass Pro Shops, of course.

When I got home Saturday night, the two were lounging in the living room.
I don't know who was more excited to see whom - me or Lane.

On Sunday, Papa went to The Falcons game with Pops and Uncle Pork Chop, who really wanted Lane to come too but I didn't think it was such a great idea. So, Mom mom came over to our house to hang with the Hoo. And, guess who else showed up? Aunt Stephanie and Lane's best buddy Drew.

Jen and I went to set up Sunday morning, and all the other vendors were leaving. We gave it a little time then packed up and headed home.

We really do have some cute stuff for sale. Here is Jen with her smock and reversible dresses:

Here I am with my bibs, burb cloths and cowboy and owl onesies:

All in all, the show sucked. But, I do think I deserve a blue ribbon. I made it an entire day without my babe and did not even cry once.

To all my Jefferson, Winder, Athens and Commerce readers, we will be at Mule Camp Market in Gainesville October 9-11. Come and see us.

No comments:

Post a Comment