Friday, July 30, 2010

Trying to imagine

When I think about the baby growing inside my bump, this is all I can picture. When we were pregnant with Lane, Papa and I could not imagine what our son would like like. Now, this is all we know.

Will Bro Bro have that big forehead, round cheeks and little bitty button nose. Or, will he surprise us with looks we've never seen before?



Papa and I felt our newest babe on Saturday (July 24, 2010 - so I remember for his baby book) night. Yes, felt. Not I felt him move. We actually felt him.

The three of us were hanging in our bedroom after Lane's shower before he went to bed - as we always do. Papa and Lane were wrestling - as they always do. Lane was using me as a prop to jump from one side of the bed to the other - as he always does.

I placed my hand down very low - probably the bottom of my very bulging uterus and felt something hard on the right side. When I moved my hand just a half inch to the left, my body felt soft - as usual. I knew what I was feeling. I can remember - much later in my pregnancy with Lane- that feeling of the baby pushing his head or buns up against me. It was that feeling.

Papa placed his hand in the spot and felt him too. Then slowly, the babe moved. I could not feel him move. Papa could not either. He just described it as one minute my belly was hard as a rock and a few seconds later that feeling disappeared.



Look at those tiny hands. Lane was less than six weeks old in these photos. I'm getting excited about having another teeny baby in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment