Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A few pictures from the fourth


Last night, Lane went to bed asking for crackers. I'm pretty sure the babe believes he should now get to watch a full fireworks display every night.

Bummer. I had to tell him he would have to wait until next year for more crackers.

We filled our weekend with fireworks - so I can't blame the babe for asking.

Saturday night, we surprised Lane by taking him to see his best buddy Andrea and watch the fireworks display Woodstock put on.

We were shocked. Both babes loved it. Couldn't take their eyes off the sky. In between each display, Lane would yell for more.

Can you believe I did not bring my camera to the party? I felt totally lost without it so Paola put me in charge of photos with her camera. As soon as we see them again I'll post pictures from that night.

Sunday night, Papa had to head to Knoxville unexpectedly. Left at home alone, I decided to surprise the babe and take him out to Hoschton to see his cousins and watch some more fireworks.

We started the night by eating some Japanese and then headed to a park to play a bit before the show. My party animal fell asleep on the way to the park, so no photos of Lane.



D was awake and did some swinging.



Madelyn, who is usually asleep by this time of night, was wide awake and ready to party.

She dressed for the occasion and was ready to show off her outfit.

And her pretty smile and eyes.

Look who woke up as the sun went down - just in time for the show. Or BOOM, as he kept screaming.

It was impossible to get a picture of both the boys looking at the camera - or the sky - at the same time.

We pretty much gave up trying to get any good pictures. If one person was looking at the camera - one was turned away. And Lane even tried to crash the Drucker family photo by squatting his bum right down next to Michael, Elizabeth, Damian and Madelyn.

Elizabeth and her babes.

Michael and Madelyn.

Me and Lane.

These are the best I've got.

Lesson learned: the fourth is too much fun for two very sleepy boys and a baby girl. Next year, we will just let them enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment