Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lunch with Lanna

Last week, Lane and I met Lanna at our favorite lunch spot. Some time had passed since we seen her last - and Lane was going to make her pay for going so long without a visit.

That face spells mischievous. Don't you think?


During lunch, he would allow Lanna to sit next to him while he enjoyed his hot dog and apple juice. No way, would he let her hold him.


After lunch, we went to a cute little kids shop to buy some presents for Drew's soon-to-be little brother. Lane found this funky frog thing and tried to convince me he loved it.

Too bad. Enjoy it while you can. This mama won't pay 600 bucks for a funky frog thing.

To ease the pain of disappointment, we took him outside to watch the train go by.


Then we headed back to the restaurant to try to get some photos of Lane and Lanna.

Lane, can Lanna hold your hand while you walk across the bridge.

No, I'm mad at her. I'll stand next to her but that's all she gets.

Lane, can you sit in Lanna's lap so we can take your picture in the same spot we took it last year?

No, I'm mad at her. I'll sit in this chair and you can take my picture.


Lane, will you at least sit next to Lanna on the bench so I can take your picture with her?

No.

Lane, will you give Lanna five down low?

Will you give her knucks?

Will you make them explode?

Will you give her five up high?

Ha, ha. We tricked you. I got some pictures of you two together.

To see pictures of Lane and Lanna in that same spot click here.

2 comments:

  1. I obviously need new sun glasses! They are the same as the ones I had on last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way. That is an achievement around here. Sunglasses last about three months before someone who shall remain nameless breaks them, stretches them, scratches them or loses them. Glad you are home.

    ReplyDelete