Friday, October 2, 2009

What one year will get ya

The bump
October 1, 2008

Last year's October welcomed my 30th week of pregnancy. It also welcomed some new furniture for our recently renovated back deck. We spent a lot of time out there last fall - as the pictures prove. I could not find a single photo of me standing and showing off the bump.

Please don't think I was a lazy bumpkin that week. See, here is papa and the short hair on the porch swing. As a matter of fact, in my photos, the short hair is in the exact same spot!



This week we've been very busy. Can I tell you that we hung with the Mush girls EVERY day this week. Maybe we spent the day playing. Some days, Jen and I were taking photos for our ETSY shop. Other days, we went shopping. But, Lane was with his buddies each day this week.


October 2, 2009



This week, Lane got so big
*He now gives kisses. Full on comes at you with his mouth wide open full of drool and gives you a kiss on the mouth. Papa and I love it. Sometimes, he will give them when asked. Sometimes, he just comes up to you and gives you a kiss. Sometimes, he kisses the short hair.
*He has discovered the contents of my cabinets. For weeks he has been playing with the knobs. Early in the week, he started opening the doors and looking inside. Wednesday, he started pulling items out. To keep him happy, I placed some Lane items inside each one.
*He uses his pointer finger to point - at your mouth, at his ears, at the dogs, at his toys.
*He stands on his own - or tries to. A few times this week, papa and I have caught him catching his balance and then let go of whatever he has a hold of. He is really trying to figure out this balance thing. He will grab a hold of his toy box, squat down low and think. I really think my babe will be walking come his first birthday.
*He blows zurburts. This is awesome. We caught him last Friday blowing zurburts on the couch. We got a little movie. I will try to post for you.
*And he literally got huge. Yesterday, I saw a lady with a newborn. Her babe was just 6 pounds, 7 ounces when born. Lane was just one ounce bigger at birth. I kept looking at that little girl and then looking at my big boy. I can't believe how much he has changed in just 10 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment