Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Best Job I've Ever Had


I've had quite a few jobs in my lifetime.
I've answered phones, tagged furniture at an antique auction house, edited, interviewed, designed and public relations the heck out of some clients.

I've had jobs that paid large amounts of money for little work.
I've had jobs that required a whole lot of work and compensated with not a lot of money.

I've traveled and worked from a home office.

I can honestly say I enjoyed each and every one of my jobs.

But the job I love the most is the one I have now.

Ever wonder what a full-time mama does?

Some days, I am the ring leader.
See above.



Sometimes, I am craft coordinator and supervisor.


I also work in human relations - providing constant counseling and guidance.


I make dreams come true.
(On this day, I introduced Sophia to one of Snow White's dwarfs AKA my garden gnome.)


I make lunch.


I assist in making music.

I have never worked harder in my life.
The boss is relentless. He requires my constant attention and supervision.
I have yet to receive a paycheck for 10 months of work.


But, there are kisses. Lots of kisses.
If I didn't take this job, then I would not have seen Sophia smack a kiss on her little sister Chloe's head the other day.


And I would not have been on the receiving end of the kiss that came right after this photo was taken.

I'll take kisses over any amount of money.

I have the best job EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment