Monday, March 16, 2009

Wedding bells: Part One

Over the weekend, Lane and I loaded up my mom's car and headed to North Carolina to attend my cousin Ricky's wedding to his long-time girlfriend Kirsten. Mom drove. Lane and I were backseat drivers. (Good thing too. But, don't worry Mom mom, we won't tell any one our secret!) Lane was awesome in the car. I had prepped myself for the worse - packing a bag full of toys and the pump in case we had an emergency that only milk could fix it.

But, we made it the entire five-hour-plus ride without any problems. Lane played with his toys and took little cat naps. We had a blast singing songs and making faces at one another.

We arrived at the hotel just in time for mom to get dressed and get to the church for the ceremony. Lane and I stayed behind to relax and get ready for a night full of partying. Lane loved the hotel - where the bed is big and fluffy and his mama turned on cartoons for him to watch. (He just likes the lights, right Sarah?)

Lane thought he was King for the Day when I propped him up on the pillows and we had an impromptu photo shoot.






After a good nap, we were ready to party all night long at the reception, which was held at the hotel.

The party was SOOO much fun. Lane got to meet some of his great aunts and uncles, and great, great aunts and uncles and even his third cousin Seamus. We saw family we had not seen in years. The bride and groom looked beautiful - and had a blast. They are now on their way to the Dominican Republic for a warm and sunny honeymoon.

Lane was a party animal - and looked stunning in his stripes.




Tune in to tomorrow for scenes from the wedding and our account of the funniest moments of the night.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm a boutique photographer in Woodstock..I just happened to be browsing local bloggers! Your little one is a cutie!
    Please visit my website and let me know if you are ever interested in portraits!
    Kristie
    www.turningleafdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete