Monday, October 24, 2011

The Pumpkin Patch.

Friday afternoon, I dressed the boys and decided it was time to get out of our house. We are behind on our Fall Fun list because a not-so-fun cold got the boys again. With James heading out of town (or so we thought) for the weekend, I wanted to take the boys out for a while and begin enjoying the beautiful weather and all the cool activities around town.

We made our way to the pumpkin patch close to our house - only to be told we had to leave because mornings are only for reservations. Bummer. At this point, Lane was chanting from the back seat, "I want to go to the pumpkin patch. I want a lumpy bumpy pumpkin. You can get a bruised pumpkin. Evan can get the littlest pumpkin."

Does anyone else read "The Little Pumpkin" at Halloween time? We do. Last year, we were reading it until Christmas time.

With my plans put on hold, I had to rearrange my bearings and figure out where to go next. We headed a few miles down the road to a small church right on the highway that sells pumpkins every year.

How would Lane now that wasn't a pumpkin patch? When we got there Lane was thrilled with the 75 or so pumpkins placed on the grass near the pumpkin patch. With cars whizzing by, we looked at all the pumpkins - the big ones, the little ones, the lumpy bumpy ones, the green one, the tall ones. You get the idea. Read the book.

We played around for a while. Snapped some cute pictures. Found the perfect lumpy bumpy pumpkin. Put our money in the honor system box and took lumpy bumpy home with us.

I think I might just take the boys back this afternoon.












Notice Evan's little red hat? Lane wore the same hat the first time he went to a pumpkin patch.

1 comment: