Monday, October 17, 2011

Little boy.


Dear Lane,

Sometimes, I look at your face and wonder where the time has gone. It feels like just yesterday that I held you in my arms and stared at your face for the first time.

Other times, I wonder what I did without you. How did I spend my time. What did I find important. Who was I before I was your mama.



I feel as if I've known you forever - even though time flies with you in my life.

This must be every mother's challenge.



How to absorb every bit of her children when time seems to pass so quickly.

I try to give you the best life possible. I love you every day with every thing I have.

I make sure you have fun. And try to teach you all your little mind can comprehend.

I want to freeze time and keep you right where you are - right now.

I think your perfect.

I love seeing you smile with pure joy.

Your baby teeth and little boy cheeks.

And sometimes, I get a glimpse of you years from now.

The you you will be when you stand as tall as your papa.

And I know I will be just as proud to call you my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment