Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Evan Eats.

Spaghetti.

We'd had a busy morning. By the time we found our way to the table for lunch, I warmed up some left overs for Lane and poured a little of Evan's favorite food - peas and carrots - on the table for him.

Feeling rather friendly, Lane told me he wanted to sit next to his brother and promptly moved his chair as close to Evan as he could get it.

The two ate their food without any incidences - surprisingly - until Evan found his area empty and went searching for something else.

That's when I heard Lane ask Evan if he'd like to taste his spaghetti.

I thought about stopping him - worried that Evan might not be ready for a noodle. Then changed my mind when my heart won at the thought of my two boys sharing a bowl of spaghetti.

Lane, not one to share so easily, placed a single strand of spaghetti in front of Evan and carefully watched as the little guy set out to pick it up from the very sticky table.

With a pincher grasp of a pro, Evan finally maneuvered the noodle into his hands and toward his face.

Only I think all of you will be shocked at what happened next. Our little eater took a good long look at the noodle and then quickly sent it over the side of his chair.

Oh well, better luck next time.







No comments:

Post a Comment