Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Just peachie.

Seeing my oldest boy enjoying a peach brings me so much joy. Seems silly right?

Let me tell you why.

The summer Lane grew in my belly brought lots of peaches to our house.

I canned peaches. I made peach butter. I cooked peach cobbler. Lots of canned peaches. Lots of peach butter. Lots of peach cobbler.

I ate a lot of peaches. They tasted so good to a pregnant Lana. I gave away a lot of peaches.

To top off our summer of peaches, James and I purchased two peach trees and planted them in our front yard.

You know what they say - babes will eat what their mamas eat while pregnant with them.

Lane's first summer, he proved that myth correct. He loved some cooked peaches pureed just for him. Eventually, as his teeth came in, he could eat raw peaches. I'd let them get nice and ripe then cut them in to bite size pieces. Lane would eat so many I would have to stop him.

Seriously, we would eat peaches every day.

Last summer, his little hands were big enough to help themselves to some yummy peaches. Remember.

Again, we ate peaches every day. The folks at our farmer's market knew Lane's little face and would offer him a fresh peach as soon as we pulled up.

Guess what we are eating this summer? Peaches from our very own peach trees. This is the first year our trees produced fruit we can eat. And, we are taking advantage of it.

Picking peaches right from trees in our own front yard and enjoying fresh fruit.

Lane eats peaches every morning and almost every night. Even Gooey's gotten in on the action. He's loving some pureed peaches mixed with yogurt.

Our Indian Blood peaches are so fresh and juicy, they leave a trail of purple juice down Lane's chin.

The best thing about fruit in your own front yard - when you finish one peach, you just grab another, wash it off and eat until your little belly is content.







No comments:

Post a Comment