Monday, August 29, 2011

The Goo Baby.

If you've never had the pleasure of meeting our Goo Baby, I wish you could. He's a charmer this little man of ours.

And, he knows it.


At eight months old, he's full of personality. Jibbering and jabbering all day long. Crawling and climbing all over the place. Singing and laughing. And flirting with anyone who will flirt back.

If you could look him in those big old eyes, he'd give you a smile. Then, turn his chin down and tuck his head into his mama's chest. Then, quickly turn back at you with an even bigger and brighter smile.

It's his signature move.

Believe me when I tell you you will fall head over heals for him when he gives it to you. Everyone does.


My days are full of constant motion around here. I've got two boys with two very strong - and very different - personalities living under one roof. With each passing month, my life with Lane and Evan gets more interesting.


I spend a lot of time chasing, cleaning and you might notice by all of the food pictures, feeding, my boys.

If Evan had been born first, and I would have had to think of a clever name for this blog using his name, well, I guess it would have been Eating with Evan.

The boy eats and eats and eats.

He eats peas and carrots. He eats green beans. He eats Cheerios and puffs. He eats eggs and pancakes and waffles. He eats black beans and rice. He eats bananas.

Let's just say, if he can pick it up, get it to his mouth and I think he won't choke on it, he eats it.


All this eating makes for quite a big boy. He's blown through his brother's nine month old clothes and currently finds shirts of the 12 month variety fit him the best.

We're pretty sure it is all part of his plan to get some clothes of his own instead of all his brother's hand-me-downs. It's working.


All that eating also means he's got a new partner in crime. With a cookie in his hand most of the time, he's got a short hair by his side most of the time. If you want to find our dog, look no further than Lane or Evan. She's usually by the side of one of them.


If he wasn't cute enough, last month brought about two new teeth. We now have the two bottom teeth and two teeth on top - just not where you think they might be. Evan skipped right over the middle teeth and cut his two top eye teeth first. We figure he figures if he wants to get down to business and eat some meat, he better get some good chompers.

Those two teeth get our babe a lot of attention. So, he found a way to get us even more excited and added a little giggle with a tilt of the head and open mouth laugh to his repertoire.

He will bust out this move at restaurants, in the grocery store and at the gym just to get a good laugh from anyone who might be watching.

I love it. And, I'm pretty sure when I'm old and gray and dreaming of the days when my boys were babes, this will be one of my favorite Evan memories.

Know what else I love? Seeing my two boys interact with each other. As Evan grows older, Lane grows more interested. And at times, more frustrated with his younger sibling.

I spend a lot of time reminding Lane that Evan is just a baby and he needs to keep his body off of Evan's body. I would say keep his hands to himself but sometimes, like after Lane has spent what seems like an eternity constructing a block ramp for his monster jams to jump or an intricate line of 50-something cars down the hallway only to have Evan crawl his way over and and on top of all Lane's hard work, Lane will not only push or hit Evan he will literally throw his body against his baby brother's.

We're working on this.

For each trying moment, I take a deep breath and remind myself that there will soon be many more moments like these - sharing snack time while resting on the living room floor and painting with papa. Even if it means Lane's painting Evan while papa holds him.


Evan eats it up.

Because out of all the things in this little baby's world - plates full of foods, long nights of sleep in his cozy crib, snuggles with any and everyone who wants to snuggle, visiting all of his brother's favorite hangouts - the one thing he loves the most is Lane.



Oh, and being able to have a wee bit of juice mixed in with his water.




























No comments:

Post a Comment