Friday, January 13, 2012

Let it snow.

I know most people would not consider this morning's light dusting snow. However, it doesn't take much to make my boy happy. As I was in the kitchen cleaning the morning dishes, he caught a glimpse of the flakes falling from the sky out of the hall window and proclaimed, "Mama, look it is snowing."

Sure enough, he was correct.

When he told me he wanted to go play in it - with his rainboots, coat and mittens - I had to say yes. I bundled him up in all requested clothing items, except the mittens because we don't have any - and sent him out to play.

His fun in the snow was almost as short lived as the snow dusting itself. After a few short minutes outside, he wandered back in to let me know it was cold outside.

"My hands are so cold, Mama," he told me as he began tearing off his many layers. "We got to buy some mittens."



This little one was content to watch from inside where it was nice and warm. He happily stared out the window and said hi to each and every falling flake he could see.

No comments:

Post a Comment