Monday, February 8, 2010

F is for February, Frances

and falling deeper and deeper in love every day.



This morning, while we were doing our chores, I stopped a few times to take some photos of Lane. My goal: to take photos of all the "chores" Lane worked on while I actually started dinner, folded laundry, put away dishes, loaded dishes, made breakfast - you get the idea.

While we were going about our morning chores, my mind wandered to my friend Frances. Frances and her husband Chris are expecting their first baby. Yesterday, papa asked me when she was due.

"Any day now," I answered.

Yikes. I made a mental note to send Frances an email or a letter or a telepathic message to let her know I was thinking of her.

So this morning, my mind rang its mental note bell to remind me to send Frances that message.

"I'll do it once Lane goes down for his morning nap," I answered.

With Lane down for his nap, I started looking through this morning's photos so I could put together my post.

Then I came across this photo.

Like it does about 10 times a day, my heart filled with just a little more love for my babe when I saw that face.

And, again, I thought of Frances.

Dear Frances,
Any day now, you are going to hold your baby boy in your arms for the very first time. In that first second, you will experience a love unlike any other you have ever felt.

I know you are going to make a great mama. You have everything you need: a loving husband, a creative mind, and a passionate - and patient - personality.

If you are anything like I was in the weeks leading up to Lane's birth, you probably have a lot of questions. I hope you know, I am here to assist with any thing you might need.

However, as we have talked about before, always follow your heart and do what you and Chris feel is right for your babe.

Really Frances, in order to be a good mama, all you need is the intense love that fills your heart in those first moments of your child's life.

The most beautiful part of motherhood, I have found, is that love.

Each night, you will go to bed exhausted from the day. Somewhere in that exhaustion, you will find a second to contemplate that love - how you just can't imagine loving your son any more than you do at that moment.

Then, the next morning, you will wake to your babe's beautiful face - and it will happen. Just when you thought it was not possible, you will glance at him and fall just a little bit more in love. It happens every day.

For me, it is one of the most rewarding aspects of motherhood. Of life, really.

If I don't see you before Will arrives, know that I am thinking of you.

Hugs and kisses,
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment