Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Quite an Appetite

Have you ever seen such a hungry little boy? Lane, like his papa, does not lack an appetite. And, much like his papa, he is determined and strong willed.

This week, Lane decided it was time to take his eating to a new level.
We began offering him food from our plates early on. We also encourage him to feed himself. Now, he won't have it any other way. This hard headed babe does not want his food pureed and spoon fed to him. He wants to feed himself.

Today, I let him have at it.
For breakfast, he munched on bananas and peaches.
Peaches papa brought home from South Georgia last week - from the same batch as Monday's canning session. I saved a few just for Lane.

Having him feed himself might be messy but Lane is learning - and that is well worth the time it takes to clean up.

He has even figured out that food goes on the spoon, and the spoon goes in the mouth. He would rather play with the spoon though.



For lunch, Lane eats yogurt - every day. He loves it.
He can't get enough yogurt. I bet he would eat it for every meal.
(This he gets from his mama.)


He also had some of his baby puffs. Banana flavor, I believe. He does a great job at picking up the puffs and putting them in his mouth. However, not all of them make it in. Those usually end up in the chair.

The shorthair has figured this out. She no longer waits for food to hit the floor. She helps herself too.

Check out the yogurt face.

For dinner, I cooked up some of Papa's favorites: fried okra, pork chops, green beans and corn bread.

Before I put the jalapenos in papa's cornbread, I made Lane his own little cornbread. I wasn't sure if he would like it.



Once again, proving he is so much like James, Lane loved it! He could not get enough. I let him pick up pieces of cornbread and feed himself.

Then I let him have at his own little dish.


Good thing I picked up this little piece of Pyrex while treasure shopping earlier this week. I have a feeling I am going to be cooking up a lot of Lane-size meals from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment