Tuesday, June 9, 2009

One of those days

Let me start this post by setting a few things straight, just in case the obvious is not obvious:

I love being a mama.
I think Lane, tied with his papa, is just about the best thing ever.
I am so fortunate to have this time with Lane right now and to be able to stay at home with him.

With all this said, Monday was one-of-those-days. I am sure all mamas can relate.

Lane woke up an hour early. Instead of his usual morning chirps, I heard crying coming from his room.

A nursing session in mama's bed, which usually does the trick, didn't end in an extra hour of sleep, so we headed downstairs.

Lane continued to grump.

We tried playing. We tried pears. We tried music.

By 7 am, I was exhausted.

I believe my morning call to papa went something like this:
Papa: "Good morning!"
Mama: "I am pretty sure Lane wants us to look into daycare."
Papa: "Things haven't gotten any better, huh?"

At 8 am, I insisted Lane go down for his morning nap. He needed some more sleep.

I needed some time alone.

I climbed back into bed.

Thirty minutes later, I was out of bed.

Lane was crying. The phone was ringing.

My conversation went something like this:
Jen: "We HAVE to get out of the house today. Want to go to the aquarium with us.'
Lana: "I am still in my pjs. Lane is in quite a mood today."
Jen: "I will stall. I am pretty sure I need another adult to go with me."
Lana: "Give me 35 minutes. I will be waiting in the driveway."

Diaper bag and stroller all ready to go, Lane and I were in the driveway waiting when Jen pulled up.

By the time we pulled into the parking garage, all was calm.

The two babes enjoyed strolling through the aquarium and cooing at each other as we stopped in each exhibit. When my boy was in the stroller, Jen's girl was in the sling. When Jen's girl needed some time in the stroller, Lane happily sat on my side in the sling.

Sophie enjoyed telling me about each exhibit.

It was, after all, my first visit to the aquarium.

I could not have asked for better company.

The girls check out the sea otters.

Lane checks out everything.

A beluga whale.


An intrigued little girl.

Sharks!

Baby babble under the sea.

1 comment:

  1. Lane looks awesome in the stroller - Stef

    ReplyDelete