Monday, May 11, 2009

My Day

I've pondered this post for a day now.

Looking for the right words to describe my first Mother's Day.

For once in my life, I am:

Speechless.
Overwhelmed.
With a heart so full it could burst.

The way I feel about my first Mother's Day, much like my life for the last five months, simply can not be described with words.

I've been asked numerous times how it feels to be a mama.
Each time I try to describe it, I feel as if I am selling the experience short.

Motherhood is overwhelming.
It leaves me speechless.
And at times, when I look at my babe's face, my heart becomes so full with love that I feel it could burst.

Yet, those words just don't do it justice.

My life with Lane is more than that.
I have yet to find the words.


On Mother's Day,


I was spoiled by Papa:
Cards full of compliments.
Kisses.
Homemade breakfast.
Hugs.
A beautiful gift.
Cuddles.
Nap with my babe.

Thoughtful words from friends throughout the day.
Some who are mamas. Some who are yet to be mamas.
All of them so special to me each in their own way.

Thank you.
Thank all of you for making my first Mother's Day so beautiful.

Thank all of you for making my life - every day - so wonderful.

I am speechless.
I am overwhelmed.
My heart so full it could burst.






No comments:

Post a Comment