Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Farmer and the Princesses

Today, Lane and I went to this really cool place, Farmhouse in the City, with some of our friends from the Mom's Group.
This was our first time there but will not be our last.
Farmhouse in the City is a great creative outlet for children to discover nature and art - and to encourage freedom to explore.

In addition to the playroom, art room, and animal room, there is a dress-up room. Lane already came in his camo, so he was the farmer, and I found a tiara, so I was the princess.

There are animals all over the place: chickens, dogs, cats, kittens, bunnies, a ferret, a guinea pig.
SO COOL.
I might have kicked that white chicken after she decided to peck at my toes. I'm not saying I did. I'm just saying I might have.

The kids played inside the house - dressing up, doing art and roaming around. Then, we all went outside for story time. I fell in love with this retro camper. I REALLY, REALLY want one of these.

These are the other two fairy princesses who came to Farmhouse in the City with us. The girls had such a blast. They wore these wings the entire time we were there. Too sweet.

When we got home, Papa wanted to do some work in the garden. We decided to join him. I dressed Lane in his new gardening hat.

He is my farmer. And, I am his princess.

This place also hosts Cork and Canvas nights - just for big kids. The adults can bring beverages, hang around the grounds and then paint their own picture to take home. The owner helps out each artist - and the end results are fabulous.

Anyone interested in going, let me know. I can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment